Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blog by Skye (grade 3)


It’s amazing how many shells I collected in 1 ½ days.
Here are some pictures of the shells I have got.
I am going to have a Database on Shells & other sea creatures.
Every 1st or 2nd day there is going to be more and more shells on the list.
My dad and I are collecting shells, seaweed and other sea stuff then we look them up in a sea book.
Then I right there numbers in my homework book.
The numbers work like this (1.1 1.2 4.5 4.8) it starts with 1.1 and it goes up to 500.50.
My dad and I have a secret place were I normally do my projects and homework.
It is easy to find it all you need to do is walk half way along the beach and then you will find you can go strait along the beach or you can turn. You turn and walk strait for about 30seconds and then you will come to some tree’s and grass. There is also a little river in front of the grass and tree’s. We sit on the grass and watch the cow’s that are so close to us there are even new born calves.





3 comments:

  1. Skye, thank you for this blog.

    I love secret places and finding treasures, and your shells are all treasures. What a range of shape and colour! Hearing about the baby calves also made me smile. You have the most beautiful biology classroom I have ever seen.

    Good luck with your database. Let us know when you get to 500.50, though I wouldn't mind a report before then if you have the time.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye - this is a beautiful blog and the pictures are wonderful. My children loved hearing all about your biology lessons and your secret place. We are going to explore geography now to find you and also we are going to try a similar lesson with the rocks we are finding around Pringle Bay. Could you please share with us the book you are studying your sea findings from? We would like to get one too!
    Much Joyfilled learning adventures to you!
    Melissa & Aurion, Kael, Enero & Izarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skye - This is your Dad's American friend who spent some time at Bulungula with him last year. I love your shell photos. I thought I came home with a lot of shells for my grandkids, but you have way more than I collected, and many varieties that I did not find. Yours are beautiful and you should take care of that collection so that when you go back to Cape Town you will have the best collection of shells in your school. I am 65 years old and I still have a collection of shells that I collected as a teenager on the wall of my bedroom, 3000 km from the nearest ocean. They are special to me, and I am sure that yours will be special to you!

    ReplyDelete