Sunday, April 26, 2009

Apology One

Dear Urban Legend

Your Nome de gare, Andrew, is singular but I am convinced that you cannot possibly be just one person.
Your vast reservoir of knowledge is too great for a single individual.
I suspect that you are a secret team of Cambridge and Oxford biogas academics (built around a nucleus of St. Stithians Add-Maths protégés).
You know too much.
Your insights and instincts are too chillingly accurate to be the brilliance of only one person.

But what is your secret project?
What is at the bottom of our long drop that you need so badly?
How can I get my hens to lay eggs?
Are you watching me on Google Earth as we speak?
What is a Walvis Peeter?

Will it be silly of me to bucket bath tonight, out in a chilling wind, both my feet in a metal tub, while around me lightning and thunder crack and roar and explode, my hand silhouetted against the flashes of lightning, held up high pouring water over myself with a metal bowl?

Why did we go offline?

1 comment:

  1. Nome de gare? Nossir - my nome de gare at the moment is Paddington (no, not the bear). Very pleased to sneak in to your blog to see if there have been any updates and joy of joy, there are several. Can't wait to read them as I look forward to your postings enormously as my lives slides from one prosaic second to the next here in London. Goody. I hear that you have had some visitors recently. That must be why there has been such a dearth of blogging action.

    ReplyDelete